You are here:
ARCHIVE: Veterinary surveillance: Veterinary Surveillance Strategy (VSS) Programme Board
Terms of Reference
The function of the programme board is to:
- Provide overall direction to the VSS Programme.
- Provide assurance to the SRO that the Programme implementation is on track and in accordance with the Government strategy on surveillance.
- Evaluate the implications of external or other new strategic initiatives on the validity of the ongoing programme.
- Monitor and approve the work on Programme delivery.
- Advise and recommend on the budget, quality standards or target dates, and approve changes, if necessary.
- Review and agree mitigating actions relating to the major risks to the programme, and review and assess Programme assurance reports.
- Chaired by - Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer (Senior Responsible Owner)
- Veterinary Surveillance Strategy Programme Manager (Head of Surveillance, Zoonoses & Emerging Issues Division)
- CVO Northern Ireland (representative of Northern Ireland Devolved Administration)
- CVO Scotland (representative of Scottish Devolved Administration)
- CVO Wales (representative of Welsh Devolved Administration)
- Defra Animal Health & Welfare Strategy and Delivery Division
- Defra Head of Financial Strategy Division
- Defra Head of Technical Design Authority Division
- State Veterinary Service
- Veterinary Laboratories Agency Chief Executive
Page reviewed: 3 October
Page last modified: September 8, 2009