ARCHIVE: Rural and countryside statistics
Rural affairs is one of the four core pillars of the Defra remit. The Department champions the equitable treatment of rural areas and communities in national, regional and local public policies and programmes. This remit is England-wide.
This website gives access to a wealth of Rural Evidence for policy makers; the people on the ground who are delivering rural strategy; and anyone else with an interest in rural economies and communities.
It offers both interactive querying and mapping facilities through our Rural Evidence Hub (REH) and ‘Off-the-shelf’ Information in the form of reports and maps, the rural atlas, definitions and descriptions.
Please see the dedicated webpage for the Rural Evidence Hub.
- Rural Atlas - for off-the-shelf maps (in .jpg format)
- Neighbourhood Statistics - NeSS
- National Statistics - Home
- National Statistics & ONS
- National Statistics - ONS Geographies
- Documents are in Excel, Word and Portable Document Format (pdf). You may need to install Microsoft Excel/Word Viewer or Adobe Acrobat Reader, which are available free of charge.
You can email Defra's Rural Statistics Unit or telephone us on 01904 455251.
Page last modified:
10 September, 2010
Page published: 10 December, 2002