You are here:
ARCHIVE: Land management & environmental issues
This area provides information related to land management and the environmental impacts of farming.
- British survey of fertiliser practice estimates average application rates of nitrogen, phosphate and potash used for agricultural crops and grassland.
- Observatory programme aims to identify significant trends and predict changes in farming patterns and practices, assessing their resulting environmental impacts and highlighting any areas of particular concern or success.
- Survey of land under environmental management assesses awareness of the Campaign for the Farmed Environment which is working with other leading farming organisations to encourage farmers and land managers to adopt environmentally beneficial land management practices.
- Farm practices survey looks at how farming practices are affected by current agricultural and environmental issues.
- Organic statistics notice provides information on organic crops and livestock produced in the United Kingdom, and the numbers of organic producers or processors who are registered with Organic Certification Bodies in the UK.
Page last modified: 7 July, 2010
Page published: 18 March, 2010