ARCHIVE: Publications and consultations on batteries
WRAP Battery Trials
The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) carried out work to determine the most effective way of collecting batteries to meet the targets set under the Directive.
- Wrap Report - A full report of WRAP’s household battery collection trials from April 2005 – March 2008 was published in November 2008. (WRAP)
ERM Battery Life Cycle Assessment
ERM was commissioned to carry out a cost-benefit assessment of different collection and recycling routes. The study used a life cycle assessment approach and has been used to assist in policy formulation during the transposition of the Directive.
- Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009 (OPSI)
- Explanatory Memorandum and Impact Assessment of The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009 (OPSI)
- Guidance Note to the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009 (PDF) (BIS)
- Advisory Note on the Storage and Transport of Waste Portable Batteries (PDF 450 KB)
- April 2009: Government Response to the last consultation on draft regulations (BIS)
- December 2008: Consultation document on the implementation of the Batteries and Accumulators and Waste Batteries and Accumulators Directive (2006/66/EC) – Waste Battery Collection and Recycling Provisions (BIS)
Page last modified:
28 October 2009
Page published: 28 October 2009