ARCHIVE: Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC)
Part B Better Regulation Review
This is a review of the regulatory approach to some Part B activities. It is a better regulation review to assess whether the environmental objectives of regulating those Part B activities, which do not directly implement EU Directives, could be achieved using alternative regulatory approaches.
Possible options include:
- keeping installations as they are within Part B using of simplified applications and permits (as are currently provided for service stations, small waste oil burners, and dry cleaners)
- removing processes from Part B and relying on other forms of regulation (such as the clean air act, statutory nuisance or the land use planning systems)
- and/or bringing new processes within Part B.
The review will not compromise any environmental and human health goals and commitments.
- Letter to consultees on the findings of the consultation (PDF 35 KB) - July 2006
- Amended version of the criteria - Criteria for the better regulation review of Part B activities with no EU Directive "cover" (PDF 60 KB) - July 2006
- Amended version of the list of processes - Part B activities with no EU Directive "cover" (PDF 60 KB) - July 2006
- Consultation on Better Regulation Review of Part B Actvities (PDF 900 KB) November 2008
- Summary of Responses to the Consultation on Better Regulation Review of Part B Actvities from 14 November 2008 to 6 February 2009 (PDF 80 KB) July 2009
Further information is available on our Help page about downloading or reading Adobe Acrobat PDF documents.
Page last modified: 31 March 2010