ARCHIVE: Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC)
Publications and guidance
The following documents are designed to provide those operating and regulating PPC activities under the Environmental Permitting Regulations with information on the permitting procedure.
- Environmental Permitting Guidance the IPPC Directive (PDF 350 KB)
- Environmental Permitting Core Guidance (PDF 450 KB)
Waste Incineration Directive
- Environmental Permitting Guidance: The Directive on the Incineration of Waste (PDF 800 KB)
- The applicability of the Waste Incineration Directive (2000/76/EC) to tallow burning (PDF 20 KB) - October 2007
- Tallow and the Waste Incineration Directive (PDF 20 KB) - April 2006
- UK report on the implementation of the Waste Incineration Directive (2000/76/EC) (PDF 95 KB) - January 2007
More on the Waste Incineration Directive on the Environment Agency’s website.
Large Combustion Plants Directive
More information on the regulation of the fuel and power sector can be found on the Environment Agency's website.
The following posters have been published by ADAS in conjunction with Defra as guidance to intensive livestock pig and poultry operators.
- IPPC for a broiler installation (PDF 110 KB)
- IPPC for a laying hen installation (PDF 250 KB)
- IPPC for a pig installation (PDF 150 KB)
The application window for pig and poultry farms to apply for a permit to operate was 1 November 2006 to 31 January 2007. The thresholds for pig and poultry farms to come under IPPC are livestock capacity which exceeds:
- 750 sows
- 2,000 fattening pigs over 30kg
- 40,000 poultry (includes chickens, layers, pullets, turkeys, ducks and guinea fowl)
IPPC Model Templates are on the NFU Online website.
- Pigs and poultry on Environment Agency website
Page last modified: 19 November 2010