ARCHIVE: UK Chemicals Stakeholder Forum
The UK Chemicals Stakeholder Forum (UKCSF) advises government on how the industry should reduce the risks from hazardous chemicals to the environment and to human health through the environment. The Forum operates in an open and transparent manner while respecting the need to protect commercially sensitive information provided to it.
The Forum works alongside other departments and government bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, the Environment Agency, and it also receives advice from the Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances (ACHS).
- 26 August 2010 – Forum Guide to Substitution (PDF 600 KB) published – an introduction to the process of substitution, to influence stakeholder behaviour in the supply chain.
- 23 August 2010 - Information bulletin: Chris Hughes re-appointed as Chairman, five new members appointed
- June 2010 - Forum eighth annual report 2009 (PDF) includes information on the Forum’s work on chemical services; the work of its two sub-Groups; an update on its work on chemicals of concern; and steps being taken to enhance the Forum’s effectiveness
- Chemical services - The Forum has a key interest in chemical services. This area of work is reported in Chapter 2 of the Forum’s Eighth Annual Report, for 2009.
- Horizon Scanning sub-Group - The Forum’s Horizon Scanning sub-Group is working on forward-looking advice to Government on what the Forum considers to be necessary interventions or measures to safeguard the future of a sustainable and competitive UK chemicals industry. This work will be completed in early 2011.
Forum meetings are held in London and are open to the public. In 2011 the Forum will meet on 1 February, 19 April, 19 July and 25 October. In 2012 the Forum will meet on 31 January, 24 April, 17 July and 30 October. Please let the Secretariat know if you wish to attend. An agenda and papers for the meeting will be published on this website a few days before the meeting.
Forty-Third Meeting – 1 February 2011
Forty-Second Meeting - 26 October 2010
Forty-first Meeting - 13 July 2010
We only retain recent material on this website. If you need access to older material, please contact us (see below) or visit the National Archives.
Apart from the members and Defra officials, Forum meetings are attended regularly by a number of interested parties. These include the chairman and the lay member of ACHS, and representatives from the UK REACH Competent Authority, Environment Agency, Welsh Assembly Government, Laboratory of the Government Chemist, ENDS Report and Chemical Watch.
- A Forum Guide to Substitution (PDF 600 KB) - introduction to the process of substitution, to influence stakeholder behaviour in the supply chain.
- Eighth Annual Report 2009 (PDF 410 KB)
The Forum would like to hear from members of the general public on issues relevant to its work, or from anyone who would like to attend its meetings.
Area 2A, Nobel House,
17 Smith Square
Tel: 020 7238 5719
Page last modified: 1 March 2011
Page published: 4 December 2002