ARCHIVE: Economic analysis to inform the Air Quality Strategy
An "Economic Analysis to inform the Air Quality Strategy" presents detailed assessments of the additional policy measures considered by the Air Quality Strategy (AQS). These assessments include:
- monetary cost benefit analysis;
- quantified impacts on current air quality objectives and ecosystems; and
- qualitative assessments such as the effect on noise levels, distributional (socio-economic) outcomes and competition effects.
The report discusses both the underlying methodology and the results of the assessments. The analysis incorporates the monetary valuation of air pollution impacts on health, which represents a major development in the IGCB methodology.
It is the updated third report of the Defra-led Interdepartmental Group on Costs and Benefits (IGCB) and accompanies the Air Quality Strategy, July 2007.
These documents are in PDF format:
- Executive summary (50 KB)
- Chapter 1– introduction (50 KB)
- Chapter 2 – assessment methodology (450 KB)
- Chapter 3 – costs and benefits of additional measures (300 KB)
- Chapter 4 – non-monetary assessment of additional measures (100 KB)
- Chapter 5 – uncertainties and sensitivity analysis (400KB)
- Chapter 6 – conclusions and further research (200 KB)
- Bibliography (100 KB)
- Annexes (1 MB)
Further information is available on our Help page about downloading or reading Adobe Acrobat PDF documents.
Page last modified: 17 July 2007