ARCHIVE: Environmental information regulations publicity materials
We hope the following resources will help you understand the Environmental Information Regulations and give you the tools you need to make others aware of the Regulations.
- Seminar slides (2009) (690 KB): the differences between the EIRs and FOIA, including background and purpose, the definition of environmental information, using the ICO model publication scheme for proactive publication, and developing case law.
- ICO seminar slides (2009) (261 KB): “Environmental Information Regulations – The view of the Information Commissioner’s Office”. The presentation given by the ICO at Defra’s EIU seminars.
- Presentation slides (2006) (PDF 70 KB): overview of the EIRs and advice on their use, answering many of the questions public authorities may have
- Leaflet for organisations (2007) (PDF 300 KB): headline information on the EIRs, intended for public authority staff
- EIR awareness poster (2007) (150 KB)
- Hints for practitioners handling FOI and EIR requests (2008) (PDF 1.3 MB - on www.ico.gov.uk) (jointly produced by: Ministry of Justice, Information Commissioner's Office, Defra and Ministry of Defence)
Page last modified: 31 January 2011
Page published: 16 April 2008