ARCHIVE: Roles and responsibilities for Defra and its public bodies
The way we deliver policy, and the relationships between Defra and the various bodies, is complex.
It is important that the policy teams and sponsors in Defra work with delivery bodies in a coordinated way.
This section provides comprehensive guidance on best practice, links to source documents and self-check questions, which will support policy teams, sponsors and delivery partners to achieve policy outcomes, including:
- identifying roles and functions
- joint design of policy outcomes
- choosing delivery mechanisms
- choosing delivery partners
- and if necessary, creating new delivery bodies
Page last modified: 3 April 2009
Page published: 8 May 2006