ARCHIVE: Race equality scheme action plan: Objective 1
To ensure the Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) process is managed in line with an identified prioritisation plan
Impact area/s: Activity: Leadership, Service Delivery, Employment and Community Engagement
- Establish links with policy owners to communicate requirements and methodology and ensure their levels of awareness and knowledge are sufficient
- Provide guidance on consultation mechanisms to be used in EIA activity
- Co-ordinate EqIAs and share consultation opportunities over a statutory 3 year period (2008 – 2010)
- Monitor the Gender diversity of stakeholders involved in EIA activity and ensure there is a holistic approach to the diversity of stakeholders engaged
- All policies are monitored for their impact, and key policies, such as staff policies, supporting rural communities and emergency planning, are given appropriate emphasis
- Drivers, such as the government’s Ten Point Plan and other strategies which follow it are considered
- Review the prioritisation plan by December 2010.
To robustly manage Defra’s approach to policy impact assessment, review and monitoring.
- Monitoring shows a wide spread of diversity in the stakeholders engaged in impact assessment activity
- Defra policies are reviewed within a target framework and the methodology ensures their validity / legal status
- Levels of community engagement
Page last modified: 4 August 2008
Page published: 4 August 2008